Banfield Agency is committed to ensuring digital accessibility for people with disabilities. We are continually improving the user experience for everyone and applying the relevant accessibility standards.
Measures to support accessibility
Banfield Agency takes the following measures to ensure accessibility of Banfield Agency website:
- Appoint an accessibility officer and/or ombudsperson.
- Provide continual accessibility training for our staff.
- Assign clear accessibility targets and responsibilities.
- Employ formal accessibility quality assurance methods.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. Banfield Agency Website is partially conformant with WCAG 2.1 level AA. Partially conformant means that some parts of the content do not fully conform to the WCAG accessibility standard and thus the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of Banfield Agency website. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers on our website:
- Phone: +1 (613) 722-6832
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Address: 35 Armstrong Street, Ottawa, ON, K1Y 2V4
- @BanfieldAgency on social media – Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram.
We try to respond to feedback within 5 business days.
Compatibility with browsers and assistive technology
Banfield Agency website is designed to be compatible with the following assistive technologies:
- The last three (3) versions of the following bowsers: Chrome, Safari, Edge, Firefox
- Banfield currently employs a manual checklist based on the official WGAC 2.1 specifications (https://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG21/) to ensure compliance with accessibility criteria.
Banfield Agency Website is not compatible with:
- Internet Explorer 11, as it is being phased out and it will no longer be supported by major products and companies in August 2021.
Accessibility of Banfield Agency Website relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
Limitations and alternatives
Despite our best efforts to ensure accessibility of Banfield Agency website, there may be some limitations. Below is a description of known limitations, and potential solutions. Please contact us if you observe an issue not listed below.
Known limitations for Banfield Agency Website:
- A transcript, audio description, and/or closed captions may not be available for video files embedded from our Vimeo account as the website and the video files featured in the case studies were produced prior to knowledge of accessibility standards. We are committed to ensuring future case studies and video work produced is accessible to the best of our knowledge and abilities.
- Some case studies use complex images (i.e., infographics) for which no equivalent alternative is provided as the featured case studies images were produced prior to knowledge of accessibility standards. We are committed to ensuring future case studies and the work produced is accessible to the best of our knowledge and abilities.
- Link styling does do not always incorporate additional distinction upon hover as the website was produced prior to knowledge of accessibility standards. We are working on updating all link styling to ensure a clear and high-contrast distinction upon hover.
- Some global elements, such as the header and footer links, may not be readable and functional when the page is zoomed to 200%. because the website was produced prior to knowledge of accessibility standards. Banfield is working on ensuring the site is functional at 200% zoom to meet accessibility criteria.
- There is currently only one way to access sub-pages on the Banfield.Agency website as the website was produced prior to knowledge of accessibility standards. Banfield is committed to creating a complete site map for the website.
- Single point of activation is not provided for the blog cards on the homepage as the website was produced prior to knowledge of accessibility standards. We are updating the design to include a visual cue indicating scrolling action to mitigate this.
- Some elements may not be fully compatible with current and future user agents, including assistive technologies. Banfield is working on ensuring the site is compatible with current user agents, including assistive technologies to the best of our knowledge and capabilities.
For an accessible alternative, or for assistance navigating our website, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Banfield Agency assessed the accessibility of Banfield Agency Website by the following approaches:
- We employ a formal quality assurance process throughout our design and development processes which includes a combination of automated tools and manual testing
An evaluation report of the Banfield Agency website is available at: https://wave.webaim.org/
Formal approval of this accessibility statement
This Accessibility Statement is approved by:
Banfield Agency’s accessibility officer
We aim to respond to accessibility feedback within 5 business days, and to propose a solution within 15 business days. You are entitled to escalate a complaint to the Human Rights Tribunal of Ontario (HRTO) or the Accessibility Directorate of Ontario (ADO) contact line should you be dissatisfied with our response.
This statement was created on June 14, 2021 using the W3C Accessibility Statement Generator Tool.